As with many companies across the country, Vulcan is taking steps to keep our customers and employees safe as we learn more about COVID-19. We recognize that this is a critical time in the construction season and want to ensure that we are effectively partnering with you to be successful. This means that we want to ensure business continuity to supply the materials you need for your projects. Additionally, we want to take precautions to limit the risk that we spread illness through our interactions with you or your teams. As such, we are implementing the following practices.
- Our plants are open for business and you can continue to make orders. If we need to close a facility, your Vulcan sales representative will be in touch with you immediately.
- The Vulcan sales team has suspended in-person contact with customers via office visits, lunches, events etc. until further notice. All sales reps are primarily working from home. We will stay in touch with you over the phone, and may even ask you to video conference, FaceTime, etc. if that helps us communicate more effectively. We prefer meeting you in person, but think this is the best thing for both of us at this point.
- The Vulcan sales team members can be available for outdoor job-site visits to help serve your needs on an as needed basis. If there is a critical issue that needs attention, please do not hesitate to request an in-person visit.
- Currently, it is our understanding that job-site interactions are safer than meeting in a closed space so we’ll do what we can on a case-by-case basis. We have provided our teams with guidance in terms of precautionary measures on a job-site. This includes:
- Practicing social distancing and maintaining at least six feet between people
- Conducting conversations in the open, not in an office or job site trailer
- Using hand sanitizer
- Avoiding touching face/eyes and hand shaking
- Following all of your safety procedures, including use of PPE
- As with our sales personnel, Quality Control staff can visit your site on a case-by-case basis if there is an issue.
- In an effort to minimize contact in our offices, our dispatchers and other logistics personnel are working from home to limit the risk of exposure.
- Communication and dispatch technology has advanced to the point where remote dispatch is possible and proven to be very effective.
- Your communication with our logistics team is the same—the phone numbers to place material orders or to schedule trucks remain the same.
- There may be some occasions where communications are less than optimum as we work through this. We ask for your patience and will do everything we can to execute your order.
- Credit/debit card is the preferred form of payment at this time. Paying with credit card avoids any in-person contact during a payment transaction. Customers should call POAs to provide the card information.
As always, if you encounter any unexpected issues or need assistance, please call your Vulcan sales representative and we’ll work with you to meet your needs. We appreciate your business and hope you and yours stay safe and healthy. Thank you for your support.