Logistics and Haulers
Construction and infrastructure has been deemed ‘essential’ work in many areas where officials have ordered a ‘shelter in place.’ If you need a copy of a letter that you are doing ‘essential’ work as a contractor to Vulcan, contact your local logistics professional.
Vulcan Materials Company is concerned with the safety and health of its employees, vendors, hauling partners, customers and the general public. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we want our haulers and carrier partners to be aware of the specific actions being taken at out quarries, distribution centers and scale houses. The the following procedures have been implemented:
Maintain social distance
- When interacting with each other, practice social distancing. Maintain a minimum 6 foot distance between yourself and others. Avoid any physical contact.
- Scale clerks or quarry personnel are wearing latex gloves if physically exchanging tickets.
- Credit/debit card is the preferred form of payment at this time. Paying with credit card avoids any in-person contact during a payment transaction. Customers should call POAs to provide the card information.
- Please do not enter the office at a site. Use your cellphone to communicate.
- Do not gather in groups on the property.
- Wash hands regularly with soap and water, particularly after using the restroom or touching frequently used surfaces.
- Use hand sanitizer regularly as available.
- Please do not spit tobacco on the ground, use a container.
- Dispose of gum and or cigarette butts in the appropriate manner.
Exposure to COVID-19
- Do not enter Vulcan’s property if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19, are caring for someone at home with COVID-19, or have been exposed and are waiting for test results.
- Follow the CDC guidelines for the wellbeing of yourself and others.
- We continue to operate and service our customers; if operations are suspended at one of our sites we will let you know.
- If you become ill or decide to stop driving during this time, please make our logistics team member aware so that we do not call on you for service.
- Many of our logistics team members are working off-site to avoid exposure in the office. Our technology should allow for us to operate without problems, but bear with us if issues come up.
These procedures are for all of our protection. We will be reviewing the impact of these procedures on a daily basis and modify them as conditions change. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to returning to more normal circumstances. We hope you and yours stay safe and healthy. Thank you for your support.